Drone Airframe Design Engineer
(Full-time, partially remote role (Essex, UK office) with potential international travels)
Airial Robotics overview
Airial Robotics is a tech orientated company positioned for the global small UAV market. The mission of Airial Robotics is to provide a new generation of commercial drones using disruptive technologies, providing clear and visible improvements for pressing performance orientated challenges for these operations. Our guidelines are to provide solutions for products, services and support as state-of-the-art solutions. Our platform is designed to exceed current industry standards in terms of flight time, payloads, range, speed and efficiency, paired with the flexibility of a highly modular system architecture, for airframe and software, in order to adapt to different tasks and mission requirements. It is our company objective to offer safety and reliability at all levels of commercial UAV operation. Airial Robotics is committed to rethinking every aspect of today’s UAV products to develop and achieve better solutions using advanced methods and technologies.
We have an exciting role for an airframe or mechanical design engineer to join our development team.
Our disruptive Gyrotrak and Cargotrak aircraft are a complex mix of mechanical metal parts, carbon fiber structure and shell and high-tech electronics. The vision of creating an aircraft capable of truly novel flight performance while being an easy to use and versatile product challenges our development team every day and requires an open minded and innovative approach. Whether optimizing the design for strength and rigidity, faster assembly, and easier transportation, or minimizing vibration during flight, you will need all your resourcefulness to be a pioneer of this new technology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and control of the mechanical design of our drones from concept to serial production.
- Optimization of our CT30 and GT25 airframes to enable a more modular product.
- Perform structural analysis and vibrational simulations of our mechanical systems and airframe.
- Mechanically integrate new payload and avionics systems.
- Own and maintain all CAD files, BOM lists and technical drawings for manufacturing.
- Work with prototype production to be able to test new concepts in a fast and smooth manner.
- Work with flight testing and aerodynamics team to validate simulation results and incorporate test data into next design concepts.
- Management of your own tasks and projects, you must be highly self-sufficient.
- Documentation of your work to a professional standard in English.
- Report to the Development Manager.
We are looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated, bright, and hard-working individual with a keen eye for detail an ability to challenge the status quo with new approaches to how autonomous UAVs should operate. Our team is based in various offices in the UK, Europe and the USA, so you must be comfortable to work remotely with others, must be a pro-active self-starter who desires excellence and achievement.
- A degree in mechanical engineering, aeronautical engineering or similar.
- Expertise in designing high complexity machines from concept to manufacturing in an industry such as aviation or motorsport.
- Understanding of product development and designing for ergonomic use.
- Experience in structural and vibrational mechanics and analysis.
- Expertise in designing composite and metal parts for manufacturing.
- Expertise in at least one CAD software, ideally in Solidworks or Fusion 360.
- Experience in at least one FEM software for structural simulations.
- Proven track record in driving projects forward and being a self-starter.
- Thrive working in a team but also capable of getting things done remotely.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Drone or aviation background.
- General interest in keeping track of and being part of this innovative industry.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- A chance to make a difference in a small team, where you’re work will really matter.
- Fantastic learning environment. Our people have backgrounds from manned aviation, the UAV and space industries.
- The chance to work on highly unique products in a fast-paced working environment.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of the commercial UAV industry.
- The opportunity to travel overseas.
If you want to be part of something new and vibrant from the very beginning, of an exciting startup company with a lot of motivated people feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to your submission:!