Drone Electrical Engineer
(Full-time, partially remote role (Essex, UK office) with potential international travels)
Airial Robotics overview
Airial Robotics is a tech orientated company positioned for the global small UAV market. The mission of Airial Robotics is to provide a new generation of commercial drones using disruptive technologies, providing clear and visible improvements for pressing performance orientated challenges for these operations. Our guidelines are to provide solutions for products, services and support as state-of-the-art solutions. Our platform is designed to exceed current industry standards in terms of flight time, payloads, range, speed and efficiency, paired with the flexibility of a highly modular system architecture, for airframe and software, in order to adapt to different tasks and mission requirements. It is our company objective to offer safety and reliability at all levels of commercial UAV operation. Airial Robotics is committed to rethinking every aspect of today’s UAV products to develop and achieve better solutions using advanced methods and technologies.
We have an exciting role for a drone electrical engineer to join our development team.
Electronics hardware and software development is at the forefront of any UAV development and is essential to reach the maximum potential of an airframe. Our disruptive Gyrotrak and Cargotrak aircraft are highly unique and complex systems with a range of avionics modules working together in harmony. This challenges our development team every day and requires an open minded and innovative approach. Whether developing new versions of our main board PCB architecture, integrating new payloads or battery management systems, you will need all your resourcefulness to be a pioneer of this new technology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of the electrical power and avionics system of our drones
- Development and maintenance of our CAN based on board communications and firmware.
- Integration of various payloads, sensors, and avionics to the autopilot.
- Development of new drone concepts and building prototypes for testing
- Assembly of drone prototypes to a high standard
- Work closely with autopilot software developers
- Management of your own tasks and projects, you must be highly self-sufficient.
- Documentation of your work to a professional standard in English.
- Report to the Development Manager
We are looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated, bright, and hard-working individual with a keen eye for detail and an ability to challenge the status quo with new approaches as to how high-tech UAVs should be designed. A our team is based in various offices in the UK, Europe and in the USA, so you must be comfortable to work remotely with others, must be a pro-active self-starter who desires excellence and achievement
- A degree in electrical engineering, robotics or similar.
- Expertise in designing electrical systems and PCBs.
- Programming background in writing and maintaining firmware on PCBs.
- Integration experience, and knowledge of CAN protocols.
- Experience building, wiring and assembling drones, robots or high complexity electrical systems to a high standard.
- Programming experience in C/C++ is desired.
- Working experience using GitHub and Linux.
- Proven track record in driving development projects through the full development cycle.
- Thrive working in a team but also capable of getting things done remotely and pro-actively.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- A background in building and flying drones.
- General interest in keeping track of and being part of this innovative industry.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- A chance to make a difference in a small team, where your work will really matter.
- Fantastic learning environment. Our people have backgrounds from manned aviation, the UAV and space industries.
- The chance to work on highly unique products in a fast-paced working environment.
- The opportunity to help shape the future of the commercial UAV industry.
- The opportunity to travel overseas.
If you want to be part of something new and vibrant from the very beginning, of an exciting startup company with a lot of motivated people feel free to send us your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your submission:!